There’s nothing better during the summer than owning a pool. When the weather gets hot, enjoying a refreshing dip in your pool is the best feeling. Pools are also a wonderful way to get some exercise, as swimming is a fun way to keep your body in shape. But there are also some hazards that come along with owning a pool, including making sure that you have appropriate swimming pool fencing. Are you up to date with Frederick County swimming pool fence regulations in order to keep your family safe?
Before building a pool
If you are thinking about having a new pool installed, or buying a house with a pool on the property, it pays to know all the liabilities that come along with pool ownership. Every state and local government has a different set of pool fence regulation codes, so it is always best to check with your local authorities to determine the most up to date regulations for your area. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has many resources available to help you create swimming pool fencing safely.
Important Frederick County pool code regulations:
As suggested by the CPSC, here are some of the most important things to keep in mind regarding pool code regulations
- Swimming pool fencing should be at least 48 inches above the side of the barrier, facing away from the swimming pool. Some states have pool fence regulation indicating the fence needs to be at least 60 inches.
- Openings in the pool fence should be no larger than 4 inches wide.
- There should be no more than 4 inches of space between the pool surface and the bottom of your fence.
- When a fence is comprised of diagonal rails, the maximum opening between diagonal pieces should be no more than 1 ¾ inches.
- Swimming pool fence gates should be self-latching, and open away from the pool. The gate should also be self-closing.
Creating a safe environment around your pool begins with creating a safe pool fence. Following your local area regulations will make your pool safer for your family and guests, and reduce the risk of any accidental injuries.
Looking for a fencing contractor in Frederick, MD?
For three decades, Frederick Fence has been the leading the leading provider of commercial and residential fences in the region. We build strong relationships with our clients as a company they can trust for their top-quality fencing needs. Our pool perimeter fence solutions are affordable, valuable, and guaranteed to leave our customers satisfied.
For more information on pool code and fence installation in Frederick, MD, contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-49-FENCE. We’re here to answer any questions you may have about commercial or residential pool fencing solutions.
You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest for regular information on fencing such as tips, dos and don’ts, facts, and more.
Call us at 1-800-49-FENCE